Tuesday 27 April 2010

Hi there!!

Hi everyone, I am back in cyber world, haven't blogged in ages... but I now have something interesting to garble on about! We did the family fun day at Ham House this weekend, it was fantastic, we all had a really fun day, painting the kids faces and playing games with them, all the time promoting for the 23rd.

We had lots of people interested in attending the day while we were walking around the grounds of the house. I feel that throughout this project I have had moments that have brought me back down to earth with a bump and reminded me what the module is all about. When we were paying games with the children I just felt in my element, not even because I love children, but because I feel that I am helping other people to enjoy their day, enjoy their time! Hopefully the kids we were playing with will remember how much fun they had for a long time, it is fantastic to know that you may have had an imprint in someone else's life, whether it be a child's or an elderly member of the community, this is what Drama in the Community is all about. I like to write about things that have really touched me as my journey has progressed, and I know I should probably write more about the logistics of the day, or the organisation that I am part in terms of my being a member of the quoir team, but I do not feel passionately about events management, I feel passionately about people, these are the times when I compare this project to the project I have loved most since joining St. Marys, which was TIE. TIE gave me the opportunity to work with children who have been placed into a Pupil Referral Unit, this changed my perception of whole groups of society, it gave me the opportunity to work on my people skills in the face of extreme difficulty. The reward was happy children, children that were interested in something that gave them the opportunity to better themselves and their situations for the first time in their lives, you cannot get much more community based than that, and they were my inspiration for taking this module.

I am going with Zoe to see another quoir in the morning and see if they would like to be part of our celebration of Ham Houses birthday!

Chat soon!

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment